Never underestimate the power of making a few small, simple changes when you’re feeling stressed.
There are hundreds of different ways that we can learn to help us reduce stress and be calmer, but this blog is only a two-minute read, so I’ve picked the top five for you!
- Breathe – Whenever you’re feeling stressed, angry, busy or rushed….. STOP, take a breath right down into your stomach. Let it out slowly….. take another breath and another.
- Relax your shoulders – Notice how your shoulders feel. Breathe right into them, noticing any tight spots. Imagining them softening and letting go of any tension as you breathe out. Repeat for several more breaths.
- Soften your jaw – Let your tongue sit in the lower palate of your mouth. On your next out-breath, breath out any tension from your jaw. Repeat for as long as you need.
- Put a half smile on your lips – Notice how this feels, as you gently breathe in and out for six more breaths.
- Do some yoga – Learn some simple yoga stretches that can melt stress away. Yoga with Adriene has some short stress-reducing clips on YouTube. Click the link for a seven-minute practice and get ready for a state of calm.